10th Annual Capture the Energy Conference & Expo
Join us for our NY-BEST’s 10th Annual Capture the Energy Conference & Expo as we celebrate 10 years of success & hard work in the energy storage market in NYS.
Join us at the Albany Capital Center
Wednesday, April 1 to Thursday, April 2, 2020
The New York Battery and Energy Storage Technology (NY-BEST) Consortium is hosting its 10th Annual Capture the Energy Conference & Expo April 1-2, 2020 at the Albany Capital Center in Albany, New York.
2020 marks the 10th Anniversary of the founding of NY-BEST. This year, NY-BEST Board Vice Chair M. Stanley Whittingham was awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry. This year’s conference will also celebrate and honor these two great achievements.
About the Conference
NY-BEST's 10th Annual Capture the Energy Conference & Expo is the premier event for companies seeking opportunities in New York's rapidly growing energy storage markets.
New York State has enacted the most ambitious climate protection legislation in the nation, including a mandate to achieve 70% renewable energy and deploy 3 GW of energy storage on the electric grid by 2030 and advance bold, new clean transportation initiatives. Join NY-BEST for this content-rich, 2-day conference, featuring the following topics:
- The path to deploying 3 GW of energy storage on the New York electric grid by 2030
- Achieving a carbon-free economy and the role for energy storage
- Designing wholesale electricity markets for a high renewable electric grid and Peaker Plant replacement with storage
- Current and future opportunities for large-scale and behind-the-meter energy storage
- Transportation climate initiatives: expanding electrified transportation
- Maximizing the benefits for Solar + Storage projects
- Business Models and Project Financing
- Innovations in energy storage technologies
- Growing domestic manufacturing and supply chain for energy storage
The Conference agenda will include informative keynotes, featured presentations, panels and roundtable discussions featuring experts in the storage field. Keynotes and featured presentations are typically 15-20 minutes. Panel sessions typically include 4-5 speakers presenting for approximately 10 minutes each. Roundtable discussions will include a moderated Q&A among 4-5 speakers.
Each session will have a Q&A with the audience after presentations have concluded. The Conference will also feature a company exhibition area with over 40 companies and organizations.
We invite innovators and leaders in energy storage to submit your ideas for interesting and engaging presentations. Please review speaker instructions before submitting your materials.
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Abstracts are encourage addressing conference topics listed above. Additionally other relevant topics will be considered.
Required Abstract Submission Information:
Speakers are asked to submit the below information and as a brief abstract, not exceeding 2 pages, to NY-BEST at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, January 15, 2020. The submissions will be reviewed by a team of industry experts and selected speakers will be notified.
- Topic area from conference topic list or indicate other.
- Name of speaker and co-authors (if applicable), company or institution, contact information (e-mail and phone)
- Title of presentation
- Description of the presentation content summarizing the information being presented including objective of presentation and main results and/or conclusions.
- Brief biography of speaker
- Previous presentations of the information (when, where and presented by whom)
Information for Selected Speakers:
- Selected speakers will receive complimentary admission to the Conference, which includes all meals, but will be responsible for travel and hotel accommodations.
- Speakers will be required to attend a pre-conference coordinating phone call with NY-BEST meeting organizers and/or the appointed panel moderator if applicable.
- Speakers planning to use Power Point presentations will be required to submit them for review by March 20, 2020.
- Speakers are encouraged to attend the full conference. Speakers are required to arrive one (1) hour before the start of their session at the Conference and must check-in with NY-BEST staff.
- Speakers slides will be shared as a pdf file with Conference attendees unless the speaker requests that they are not shared.
BOOK YOUR STAY
Renaissance Albany Hotel
144 State St.
Albany, NY 12207
Click here to book at the group rate of $199 - $219 per night!
Must book before March 1, 2020
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-Downtown
25 Chapel St
Albany, NY 12210
Click here to book at the group rate of $172 per night
Must book before March 2, 2020
|Future Leaders Sponsor||$6,000||
|Coffee Break Sponsor||$3,500||
|Swag Bag Sponsor||$3,000||
|Additional Exhibit Space||$1,500||
|Table Top Correspondence||$500||
MEMBER REGISTRATION RATES
|CATEGORY||EARLY BIRD RATE
NON-MEMBER REGISTRATION RATES
|CATEGORY||EARLY BIRD RATE
ADDITIONAL REGISTRATION RATES
|CATEGORY||EARLY BIRD RATE
THANK YOU TO OUR 2020 SPONSORS!
Focusing on one of the most important components of the decentralised, decarbonised and digitised energy systems of the future, Energy-Storage.news is the world’s leading source for breaking news, analysis and opinion dedicated to the international industry, innovations and technologies.
Sustainable energy technology with the capacity to change the world: Energy storage is a key component of any serious attempts to integrate large shares of renewable energy and a key flexibility tool for modern energy networks everywhere, both on and off-grid. Since 2015, Energy-Storage.news has been the inside voice for the industry.
Energy-Storage.news is part of the Solar Media ltd group, which includes PV Tech, the world's number 1 solar PV technology website.
|NY-BEST Memeber||$ 495.00|
|Start Up/Academia NY-BEST Member||$ 400.00|