The NY-BEST Capture the Energy Conference on March 7th & 8th in Troy, NY was a resounding success. The event drew in an impressive number of nearly 200 professionals. Speakers from General Electric, General Motors and Advanced Research Projects Agency - Energy were just some of the many exciting and powerful presentations.
At the event, National Grid presented a $98,000 Economic Development grant to NY-BEST for an economic impact study and a “roadmap” to identify and harness emerging markets for energy storage job growth in the State as well as to assist NY-BEST in its outreach efforts to attract energy storage businesses to New York.
A very special thank you to the sponsors and exhibitors whose participation made this conference a great success! To view the agenda and presentations please read more>>
Presentations from the Conference below:
March 7th, 2012
Session One –Energy Storage: Economics, Markets and Policy
- Katherine Hamilton, Policy Director, Electricity Storage Association
- Dr. Cornelius Pieper, Principal, Boston Consulting Group
- Dr. Ali Nourai, Executive Consultant, KEMA
- Richard Dewey, Senior Vice President and CIO, NYISO
- Brian Warshay, Research Analyst, Lux Research Inc.
Session Two – Energy Storage in Transportation: New Products and New Opportunities
- Matt Fronk, NY-BEST Chair and Consultant, ACAL Energy
- Mark Mathias, Director – Electrochemical Energy Research, General Motors
- Tom Apalenek, Senior Principal Systems Engineer, BAE Systems
- Barry Shrier, CEO, Liberty Electric Cars
- Lois New, Director, Climate Change Office, NYS DEC
Session Three – Energy Storage on the Grid – Roundtable Discussion
- Chris Shelton, President, AES Energy Storage
- Eric Stallings, Vice President, Xtreme Power
- Aubrey Braz, Vice President, Consolidated Edison
- Rick Cutright, Director of Product Management, GE Energy Storage
March 8th, 2012
Session One – Battery Technologies—Sorting Myth from Fact
- John Cerveny, Director of Resource Development, NY-BEST
- Prof. Stanley Whittingham, SUNY Binghamton and Stony Brook University
- Richard Bourgeois, Principal Engineer, General Electric
- Steve Hellman, President, Eos Energy Storage
- Dan Steingart, Assistant Professor, City College of New York
Session Two – Emerging Electrical and Mechanical Technologies—What’s new and what’s gaining traction?
- Janet Joseph, Vice President, NYSERDA
- Ultracapacitors – Robert Jaworski, Chief Financial Officer, Ioxus Inc.
- Hydrogen Generation and Storage - Daryl Wilson, President& CEO, Hydrogenics
- Superconducting Energy Storage - Eric Lord, Manager, Superpower Inc.
- Solid Oxide Fuel Cells - Arkady Malakhov, Principal Founder, Solid Cell Inc.